If you received our printed newsletter mailed to church members in May, 2020, on how to stay connected with St. Stephen’s during these challenging times, you can download a PDF of the newsletter full of helpful links with this clickable link (including a special PDF-only content bonus on the back page or you can leaf through our AnyFlip version by clicking on the Staying Connected to St. Stephen’s box above. Thanks for reading this important newsletter.
Explore the many ways that you can keep in touch with your church
As part of St. Stephen’s Church’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 situation while its building is closed, the church staff is constantly expanding its social media efforts and looking for new and innovative ways to reach our congregation and our community so everyone can keep connected while “staying home and staying safe.”
The Zoom online meeting software is just of the resources we are utilizing. See helpful tips on how to use Zoom below.
In addition to taking part in weekly and special online Zoom meetings, you can continue to connect with the church by doing the following :
• Watch our online worship services on our Vimeo page at https://vimeo.com/ststephensfairfax
• Subscribe to our church emails by visiting Subscribe to St. Stephen’s Church Emails
• Follow, comment on and share our Facebook posts on the St. Stephen’s by visiting https://www.facebook.com/ststephensfairfax/
• Follow, comment on and share our tweets on Twitter by visiting https://twitter.com/ststephensburke
• Listen to St. Stephen’s sermon podcasts while on the go by visiting St. Stephen’s Sermons on Apple Podcasts
A sample of regularly scheduled St. Stephen’s Zoom Meetings
“Praying the Scriptures,” every Thursday at 1:30 p.m., on Zoom.
New study guide and Zoom meeting link are available beginning Monday afternoon at “Praying the Scriptures” page.
Especially for Children (and their parents)
PJ’s Rainbow Recess (for children), Monday through Saturday, 3-3:30 p.m.
Good Night Parents (for parents), Friday 9-9:30 p.m., View Pastor Jiyeon’s e-mails for more info on how to join. (All Children’s events are password protected meetings)
Have you “Zoomed” yet?
If you need assistance using Zoom, please contact our office at 703-978-8724 and we can arrange for one of our team to help you.
Tips for using Zoom video conferencing
Special Update Note for Zoom Users : Beginning May 30th, 2020, Zoom will be enabling GCM encryption across the entire Zoom platform, providing increased protection for meeting data.
Please begin updating all your Zoom software Zoom 5.0 now. After May 30, 2020, all Zoom clients on older versions will receive a forced upgrade when trying to join meetings as GCM Encryption will be fully enabled across the Zoom platform.
Important things to remember
1. You do not have to sign up for Zoom to use it.
You will receive email invitation from most Zoom online meetings organized by St. Stephen’s. When you receive an invitation all you need to do to take part is click on the meeting link at the scheduled time of the meeting.
2. You do not have be on video to take part in a Zoom meeting. Some folks are understandably camera shy. When using Zoom, there is an option to share your voice and audio only.
3. To be able to easily access both the video and audio portion of a Zoom meeting, the best web browser to use is Chrome, a browser which is free and easy to download if you currently do not use. it.
4. Most Zoom meetings also have a phone in option, if you do not have internet access or do not wish to use your computer.
If you would like to set up an appointment with St. Stephen’s staff to get help on using Zoom, please call the church offie at 703-978-8724.
To view a short video on how to use Zoom, please click on Zoom Video Tutorial or on the Zoom logo above. If you have additional questions on using Zoom, please contact the church office at 703-978-8724
For even more info and tech tips for taking part in a Zoom meeting, please visit https://nextchurch.net/ten-tips-for-folks-new-to-online-meetings/