Adult Sunday School
St. Stephen’s provides Sunday school classes for all ages! We have a wide variety of Sunday school offerings for adults. Most adult Sunday school classes meet during the 9:45-10:45 a.m. hour, but some classes meet at other times. Each class has it’s own personality and focus. Many times members will shift classes when their interests change.
There are no formal requirements to participate in Sunday school. We encourage everyone to sample a variety of the classes to discover the class that best suits their needs. All classes welcome visitors! Please join us any Sunday or call during the week.
Facilitating Sunday school groups is great fun! If you have some gift for teaching, or you are good with children, or you are simply willing to serve, we’d love to talk with you about co-teaching or substitute teaching. A Teacher’s Training Seminar is offered each summer. All of the children’s classes have pre-planned lessons and curricula with a variety of activities and crafts from which the leaders can select the choices that work best for them.
No matter what your age or your interests, you are welcome here! Feel free to visit any class to find the right fit for you.
These classes meet at 9:45 AM
- Adult Bible Study: (Room M8) A traditional discussion-based study that focuses on the content, characters, and geography of the Bible.
- Family Faith: (Room M5) A smaller class learning how to lead their families in a Christian manner. Currently discussing current events and faith, using Faithlink as their main resource.
- ESOL: (Welcome Center) A discussion of the morning sermon for adult ESOL students.
- Good News: (Room M16) A very large conversational-style class of mixed ages discussing a very wide variety of topics and sharing wisdom, opinions, and truth with each other. We use a variety of materials and feel free to extend lessons across weeks as we explore a topic and learn how to incorporate it into our lives.
- Growing Christian Families: (Room C42) A class for anyone desiring to learn how to grow family relationships in faith using biblical principles.
- Joy: (Room C58) A low-homework class of many ages (30+ to 70+), helping each other make and keep their discipleship relevant. Teaching/Facilitating rotates among members, uses a range of resources such as videos, books and discussion guides.
- Rob Forrest: (Room C40) A conversational-style class that is searching for Christian responses to current issues. Named after a well-beloved pastor who retired after serving here in the 1970’s. Currently studying current religious events.
- Sharing & Caring: A discussion based class that uses a variety of topical materials such as books and DVD-based resources. (Room C41)
- Young Families: A group of parents in their 20s, 30s, and 40s with young children. We do 6-8 week sessions on a variety of topics including Christian parenting, marriage, and Bible studies.
For Sunday School opportunities for our Next Generation please click here.