Various groups meet all during the week to share and study. Some groups meet to study a particular topic or book of the Bible, and then disband when the study concludes. Other groups meet regularly and move from topic to topic as their studies complete. Every group welcomes visitors!
St. Stephen's offerings change frequently. Some of the current groups that meet regularly include:
- MONDAY IMPACT- Monday nights throughout the school year. The following choirs meet:
4:30 - 5:00 Special Music activity for both Cherub & Bsharps Choirs (Boomwhacker Bands, rhythm instruments, Hand Band, etc.)
5:00 - 5:45 Cherub Choir (vocal)
5:00 - 6:00 Bsharps Choir (vocal)
6:00 - 7:00 Dinner ($5 adults, $3 children)
7:00 - 7:30 Adult Beginning Handbells
7:30 - 8:30 Adult Advanced Handbell Choir
7:30 - 9:00 Adult Chancel Choir
Cherub Choir (ages 3 through Kindergarten); Bsharps (1st through 6th grades); Adult handbells, Adult Chancel Choir.
Childcare is available.
- Second Cup of Coffee - Mondays at 10 a.m. Fellowship for women. Join us for a cup of coffee and a time to talk. Childcare is provided just down the hall!
- Women's Bible Studies - Wednesdays, meet at 9:15 a.m. to cover topics suggested by their members. This group is sponsored by United Methodist Women. You can find the latest offerings detailed under the UMW Notes.
- Men's Bible Studies - On the third Wednesday of each month at 11:00 a.m., is a topical Bible study on topics suggested by the group the preceding month. Recent topics have included "Things They Didn't tell You in Sunday School," the Book of Revelation, and "Early Church Documents." This Bible study immediately precedes the monthly retired men's luncheon, so most attendees leave the Bible study and head directly to lunch together. On the last Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m., a group meets to "drive through" early church history. Both groups are sponsored by the United Methodist Men.
- Pastoral Bible Studies - Pastor Jeff and Pastor Melissa lead Bible studies throughout the year on various topics.
Studies are a way to increase our faith through study and discussion. As Methodists, we are also deeply concerned with applying what we've learned. Groups such as United Methodist Women, United Methodist Men, United Methodist Youth, Grace Ministries, and special choirs and instrumental groups provide a variety of practical opportunities to express our faith in concrete ways.
Mission trips are a regular part of life at St. Stephen's, including youth missions during the summer months and adult mission trips at various times during the year. Our mission trips always include a component of group study and prayer. Recent mission trips have stretched from Virginia to destinations in the Carribean, Eurpoe and Africa. The missions undertaken at these locations vary as well, from construction, to teaching, worship leadership, and pastoral assistance.