Stephen Ministers are specially trained lay people to provide one-to-one Christian care to hurting people in and around our congregation. Lay caregivers (called Stephen Ministers) provide one-to-one Christian care to the bereaved, hospitalized, terminally ill, separated, divorced, unemployed, relocated, and others facing a crisis or life challenge. Stephen Ministry helps pastors and congregations provide quality caring ministry for as long as people need it. Stephen Ministry is an internationally recognized lay-led pastoral care movement.
Are you someone who needs some special care?
- You can receive quality, Christ-centered, confidential care for their hurts and needs
- You can find hope, healing, and a new sense of self-worth through the support of a Stephen Minister
- You can know you are remembered and supported by our congregation in times of personal difficulty
- You can receive ongoing care for continuing needs long after the onset of a crisis, when many others may have forgotten
- You can grow in a deeper relationship with our Lord as you experience God's unconditional love through a Stephen Minister
If you have a healthy relationship with the Lord and feel called to a ministry of caring for others, perhaps God is gently guiding you into Stephen Ministry.
At St. Stephen's UMC, Jerry Cottrell coordinates our Stephen Ministry. You can reach Jerry at (703) 978-2026.