So many ways to keep in touch with your church
As part of St. Stephen’s Church’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 situation while its building is closed, the church staff is constantly expanding its social media efforts and looking for new and innovative ways to reach our congregation and our community so everyone can keep connected while “staying home and staying safe.”
How you can conveniently view our online worship services
and listen to our pastors uplifting messages :
• Watch our online worship services on our Vimeo page at https://vimeo.com/ststephensfairfax
• Listen to St. Stephen’s sermon podcasts on Spotify and on Apple Podcasts
• If you do not have internet, you can listen to our messages on the phone by dialing 571-497-4373
• Subscribe to our church emails by visiting Subscribe to St. Stephen’s Church Emails
• Follow, comment on and share our Facebook posts on the St. Stephen’s by visiting https://www.facebook.com/ststephensfairfax/
• Follow, comment on and share our tweets on Twitter by visiting https://twitter.com/ststephensburke
If you received our printed newsletter mailed to church members in May, 2020, on how to stay connected with St. Stephen’s during these challenging times, you can download a PDF of the newsletter full of helpful links with this clickable link (including a special PDF-only content bonus on the back page or you can leaf through our AnyFlip version by clicking on the Staying Connected to St. Stephen’s box above. Thanks for reading this important newsletter.
A sample of regularly scheduled St. Stephen’s Zoom Meetings
Especially for Children (and their parents)
PJ’s Rainbow Recess (for children), Monday through Saturday, 3-3:30 p.m.
Good Night Parents (for parents), Friday 9-9:30 p.m., View Pastor Jiyeon’s e-mails for more info on how to join. (All Children’s events are password protected meetings)
The full current Zoom Meeting Schedule at St. Stephen’s (As of June 1, 2020) is below.
Do you know of a Zoom meeting at St. Stephen’s that is not on this list? Please contact our office at 703-978-8724
|MEETING TITLE||DAY/DATE OF MEETING||TIME OF MEETING||MEETING NUMBER||OTHER INFO||more info/how to join|
|PJ’s Rainbow Recess||Mon-Sat||3:00 PM||481928239||Password: 9788724|
|Praying the Scriptures||Thursday||1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m||https://bit.ly/PraySSUMC|
|Children’s Choir||Sun||10:30 AM||967409858|
|Cherub Choir||Sun||9:30 AM||481 682 304|
|Bible Challenge 2020||1st Mon of month||7:00 PM||760-493-031|
|Daily Hello||Mon-Sat||9:00 AM||625654350|
|Beyond The Sermon||Sunday||3:00 PM||https://bit.ly/beyondTsermon|
|Minecraft Monday||Mon||3:00 PM||364 397 372||Off for Summer/Resumes in Fall|
|Wings||Wed||9:00 PM||922 222 855||Off for Summer/Resumes in Fall|
|Youth Group||Sun||6:00 PM||207 162 865||Off for Summer/Resumes in Fall|
|Maranatha||Tue||9:30 AM||356 977 178||9788724||Maranatha Singers meets on Tuesday mornings to stay connected while they are unable to meet in person.|
|Ladies Bible Study||Wed||9:30 AM|
|Ladies Bible Study||Mon||7:30 PM|
|Youth Daily Check-in||Tue-Fri||2:45 PM||582 144 945|
|Monday||7:00 PM||831 88654828||7MWP8R||This event will only take place on the first and fourth Monday of the month during the summer month. It will resume as a weekly event after Labor Day||Monday Music is a time for anyone to come connect through music and fellowship. We will include a brief devotional time and usually a live performance.|
Have you “Zoomed” yet?
If you need assistance using Zoom, please contact our office at 703-978-8724 and we can arrange for one of our team to help you.
Tips for using Zoom video conferencing
Important things to remember
1. You do not have to sign up for Zoom to use it.
You will receive email invitation from most Zoom online meetings organized by St. Stephen’s. When you receive an invitation all you need to do to take part is click on the meeting link at the scheduled time of the meeting.
2. You do not have be on video to take part in a Zoom meeting. Some folks are understandably camera shy. When using Zoom, there is an option to share your voice and audio only.
3. To be able to easily access both the video and audio portion of a Zoom meeting, the best web browser to use is Chrome, a browser which is free and easy to download if you currently do not use. it.
4. Most Zoom meetings also have a phone in option, if you do not have internet access or do not wish to use your computer.
If you would like to set up an appointment with St. Stephen’s staff to get help on using Zoom, please call the church offie at 703-978-8724.
To view a short video on how to use Zoom, please click on Zoom Video Tutorial or on the Zoom logo above. If you have additional questions on using Zoom, please contact the church office at 703-978-8724
For even more info and tech tips for taking part in a Zoom meeting, please visit https://nextchurch.net/ten-tips-for-folks-new-to-online-meetings/
Upper Room Magazine
As our church building continues to be closed in response to the COVID-19 situation, our members and guests are not able to access printed copies of the Upper Room magazine.
The publishers of the Upper Room have graciously allowed us to post these downloadable PDFs of the English and Spanish versions of the August 2020 issue.
To enjoy the English and/or Spanish versions of this month’s edition, please click on the corresponding magazine cover to download. Thank you and we hope you enjoy the August Upper Room.
Looking for daily devotionals? Check out the Upper Room’s Daily Devotional webpage.