So many ways to keep in touch with your church
As part of St. Stephen’s Church’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 situation while its building is closed, the church staff is constantly expanding its social media efforts and looking for new and innovative ways to reach our congregation and our community so everyone can keep connected while “staying home and staying safe.”
How you can conveniently view our online worship services
and listen to our pastors uplifting messages :
• Watch our online worship services on our Vimeo page at https://vimeo.com/ststephensfairfax
• Listen to St. Stephen’s sermon podcasts on Spotify and on Apple Podcasts
• If you do not have internet, you can listen to our messages on the phone by dialing 571-497-4373
• Subscribe to our church emails by visiting Subscribe to St. Stephen’s Church Emails
• Follow, comment on and share our Facebook posts on the St. Stephen’s by visiting https://www.facebook.com/ststephensfairfax/
• Follow, comment on and share our tweets on Twitter by visiting https://twitter.com/ststephensburke
We are livestreaming our online worship service on YouTube, at 11 a.m., every Sunday with a chat feature allowing you to interact with other worshippers. Our livestream service at 11 a.m. replaces our pre-recorded online worship that used to be available at 8:30 a.m., Sundays. The livestream will be archived and available for viewing at your convenience on Vimeo by 2 p.m.,Sunday. A replay of the service with chat replay will also be available on YouTube in the late evening, Monday.
Read The Scroll
The Scroll is the newsletter of St. Stephen’s Church in Burke, Va. It is designed and edited by Rob Paine, communications director at St. Stephen’s. If you have any feedback or comments on the new or past Scrolls or have suggestions and story ideas for upcoming Scrolls, please contact Rob by clicking here.
You can download a PDF of the Scroll by visiting www.ststephensfairfax.org/the-scroll
The PDF version includes clickable links on nearly every item in the 16-page booklet. The St. Stephen’s Communications Department created the new edition and welcomes your feedback.
Thank you to all the groups and individuals who contributed to the new Scroll. Thank you also to the volunteer St. Stephen’s Photo Ministry and church Communications Committee for their support.
All submissions for the Fall Scroll, which is scheduled to be published in mid to late August, are due August 8, 2021. Please contact our communications ministry for more info on submitting announcements and stories.
To view PDFs of other recent Scrolls, please visit www.ststephensfairfax.org/the-scroll
Have you “Zoomed” yet?
If you need assistance using Zoom, please contact our office at 703-978-8724 and we can arrange for one of our team to help you.
Tips for using Zoom video conferencing
Important things to remember
1. You do not have to sign up for Zoom to use it.
You will receive email invitation from most Zoom online meetings organized by St. Stephen’s. When you receive an invitation all you need to do to take part is click on the meeting link at the scheduled time of the meeting.
2. You do not have be on video to take part in a Zoom meeting. Some folks are understandably camera shy. When using Zoom, there is an option to share your voice and audio only.
3. To be able to easily access both the video and audio portion of a Zoom meeting, the best web browser to use is Chrome, a browser which is free and easy to download if you currently do not use. it.
4. Most Zoom meetings also have a phone in option, if you do not have internet access or do not wish to use your computer.
If you would like to set up an appointment with St. Stephen’s staff to get help on using Zoom, please call the church offie at 703-978-8724.
To view a short video on how to use Zoom, please click on Zoom Video Tutorial or on the Zoom logo above. If you have additional questions on using Zoom, please contact the church office at 703-978-8724
For even more info and tech tips for taking part in a Zoom meeting, please visit https://nextchurch.net/ten-tips-for-folks-new-to-online-meetings/