Our curriculum is designed to . . .
- Provide a routine to give children security and teach organizational skills.
- Use fun color, shape, size, letter sound and number activities to prepare for reading, writing, math and science.
- Guide positive verbal and physical social interaction which teaches problem solving with peers.
- Use a minimum of help techniques in open-ended activities to provide a child’s maximum independence and creativity.
- Use PLAY encouraging children to explore, expand abilities, follow directions, sequence steps and develop age appropriate skills.
- Encourage use and coordination of the whole body and all the senses.
- Help children care for all living things and to contribute to school, work and the community.
We hire degreed and experienced teachers who love to work with children. Every classroom is staffed by two lead teachers. Each staff member is required to participate in continuing education, staff enrichment and in-services. Each staff member is CPR- and First-Aid certified.
Professional Organization Participation
- Administrators of Early Childhood Church Programs (AECCP)
- Fairfax County Office of Children (Approved Child Care Centers)
- National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Northern Virginia Association for Education of Young Children (NVAEYC)
- Northern Virginia Private Schools
- Southern Early Childhood Association
- Virginia Association for Education of Young Children (VAEYC)
Registered With or Inspected By:
- Fairfax County Health and Fire Departments
- Division of Licensing Programs, Division of Social Service, Commonwealth of Virginia