St. Stephen’s preschool offers a safe, caring environment for children first away from their family. Our program, founded 44 years ago, offers:
- Sessions for children 1.5 to 5 years of age from September through May, plus a June camp
- 2, 3, and 5 day options from 9:00-1:00 or 10:00-2:00
- A pre-kindergarten extended enrichment program from 1:00-3:00 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- A well-balanced social and academic foundation that prepares children for success in elementary school and beyond
- Two lead teachers in classes provide a better skills-based curriculum in literacy, math and science.
- A low student-to-teacher ratio that greatly benefits the structured play centers in every large classroom.
- Resource specialists to help students with motor, social and speech and language skills.
- Daily Music & Movement classes to improve gross motor abilities and promote good fitness.
- A wooded campus with nature trails, three age-level playgrounds and grassed ball field.
Preschool registration for 2014-2015 is now open! Contact us today to enroll your child. You can download the 2014-2015 brochure or learn more about our programs:
We have a few openings for this year. Please call or email the preschool for information about 2013-2014 enrollment.
Preschool Director: Marty Johnson
Preschool Assistant Director: Carole Smith
Preschool Associate Director: Christine Zappia
For 44 years, St. Stephen’s has endeavored to meet the needs of families in the community. Our program for children 1 1/2 through 5 years of age is designed to offer the first safe, caring foundation away from home. Additionally, we provide an excellent academic preparation for children to enter elementary private or public schools. As a leader in Early Childhood Education, we scaffold instruction to guide our children through all the appropriate skill sequences for each age grouping. Our classes present a well planned, creative progression of exciting subject themes. A child beginning with 1 1/2 year old play may grow through three or four differing years of cognitive, speech/language, fine/gross motor skills, and social/emotional development.
Elementary school teachers have “raved” about the preparation of our “graduates”, as having a well balanced social and academic foundation. We strive to keep activities at all levels very fun, challenging and successful.
Thank you for your interest in St. Stephen’s Preschool. We look forward to having you as one of our families.
Marty Johnson, Director