Join Us for Sunday School
St. Stephen’s Church offers a wide variety of Sunday school classes for adults. Currently some of these classes are meeting in-person while others are meeting via Zoom. Each class has its own personality and focus.
There are no formal requirements to participate in Sunday school. We encourage everyone to sample a variety of the classes to discover the class that best suits their needs. All classes welcome visitors! Please join us any Sunday or call the class lead or the church office during the week for more info. Below is our current schedule of Sunday School classes.
Class: Parents Class (meets in-person)
When: Every Sunday 10:00 to 10:45 in room C41, in the St. Stephen’s Church Building.
Teacher and Contact Person: Vickie Bateman.
Description We take a deep dive into the stories taught during Children’s Sunday School to better understand God’s message and how we can transform ourselves and our parenting to reflect God’s message through these stories. We are open to all family sizes, ages, and compositions. We seek to learn from Scripture and each other on how to personally grow and how to raise disciples of our children, youth, and young adults.
Love is All You Need
When: 11 a.m. to noon, Sunday – every other week (this class meets on Zoom)
Teacher and Contact Person: Patti and Mike Keppler
Description: The content is geared toward adults with special needs 18 and over – that is, we focus on adult topics and modify the pace and discussion to meet our attendees’ needs. We would welcome more adults with special needs independently or with a caregiver. Anyone interested can contact Mike and Patti.
Sharing and Caring
When: 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Sundays
Virtually meeting via ZOOM: contact Rick Heer @ firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandra Gregory @ email@example.com for specific ZOOM information
We meet in ROOM C40 both IN PERSON and HYBRID.
Sharing and Caring Class leader: Kathy Hoffman, Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers: various class members
Currently studying: “Praying for Your Pastor” by Eddie Byun
When: 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., every Sunday, on Zoom
Teacher and Contact Person: Gary Klinger
Time: 9:30-10:30 AM [although we appreciate having a bit longer available on Zoom]
Studying: A new timely topic each week, & its connection to our faith.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 861 2082 4103
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
When: 9:45 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., every Sunday in C58
Teacher and Contact Person: Jay Evans
- The Joy Sunday School Class will be meeting in room C58 and also virtually using zoom. We’ll cover four sessions on faith with: “the heart” of Christmas from the video, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” This begins on Sun, Nov 27 at 945 and continues through Dec 18. All are welcome and contact Jay Evans at email@example.com for any questions.
- Finding Faith in the story of the Grinch, the heart that grew three sizes, led by Matt Rawle. This Advent Study explores the faith themes in the Christmas classic, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas!” This Advent & Christmas season, look at a familiar classic through the lens of faith. This has four videos covering: when everything goes wrong, when Christmas isn’t Christmas, when light shines and when joy is our song.
How to Join : Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 244 847 4229
To join by phone, dial 301 715 8592
- When: 10.00am – 11.00am every Sunday via Zoom
- link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87041690273?pwd=Z0lhUHlIZWNvMU9QYVNjVjdwZlkrdz09
- Teacher & Contact Person: Dahlia Orleans-Pobee
- Description: Our goal is to grow spiritually by studying the scriptures in depth together. We’re currently studying the Psalms and learning how we can use this rich collection of prayers (that Jesus and many before him used) in our lives today. It’s fascinating!
Visit on Zoom:
When: 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.., every Sunday in M18/20
Teacher and Contact Person: Jim Allison
- The Good News Class is composed of a unique combination of diverse thinking people studying a wide range of social and biblical issues. Guests are invited to present special topics.
- We use a variety of resources for discussion chosen by the class. Leadership of the class is rotated among the members. We are currently using a series of CD’s prepared by Focus On Family entitled “That The World May Know” narrated by Ray Vander Laan. The current CD is called “Israel’s Mission.”
- These include DVD presentations followed by discussion and Bible reading. We intersperse other topics which might be current religious, political, or issues within our church.
United Women in Faith
United Women in Faith (UWF) welcomes all women in the church and our activities include six circles (including a teen circle and an e-mail circle), a Bible Study, a monthly hands-on mission group “Service4Others”, the “Creative Hearts, Creative Hands” sewing group (which includes the Prayer Shawl Ministry), an annual Women’s Retreat, and the Maranatha Singers. For more information on any of our activities please contact the Church office at 703-978-8724 or submit questions to the online Connect Card.