Fall registration for the St. Stephen’s Preschool has concluded. All classes are full. For more information on the school please contact the school’s director, Veronica Mayes at (703) 978-9024, or contact her online. Thank you!
St. Stephen’s Preschool offers a safe, caring environment for children during their first significant experiences away from their family. Our program, founded more than 48 years ago, offers: (All classes are currently full)
- Sessions for children 1.5 to 5 years of age from September through May, plus 2 weeks of camp in June. (All classes are currently full)
- 2, 3, and 5 day options from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm or 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Various after school enrichment programs, which include but are not limited to soccer, drama, & foreign languages, are offered on a rotating basis.
- A well-balanced social and academic foundation that prepares children for success in elementary school and beyond.
- Two lead teachers in classes provide a strong, skills-based curriculum in literacy, math and science.
- A low student-to-teacher ratio that greatly benefits the structured play centers offered in each large classroom.
- Resource specialists to help students with their motor, social, speech and language skills.
- Speech and language screening.
- Daily Music & Movement classes to improve gross motor abilities and promote good fitness.
- A monthly chapel experience with creative story telling and music, featuring the children’s artwork.
- A wooded campus with nature trails, three age-level playgrounds and a large, grassy ball field. St. Stephen’s is conveniently located on Braddock Road in Burke, Va., a few miles from the main campus of George Mason University.
Click here to view our programs and rates. If you are interested in a tour of the school, please contact the Preschool Director, Veronica Mayes, to set up a time that is convenient for you by calling her Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM – 3:00 PM, (703) 978-9024, or contact her online. Check out the general information in the brochure below by clicking on the image and then call today — you won’t be disappointed that you did! All classes are currently full.
A Message from our school director
Since 1969, St. Stephen’s UMC Preschool has endeavored to meet the needs of the community. At St. Stephen’s, we are committed to providing a safe, warm, and engaging environment that values the uniqueness of every child. Although the dynamics in each classroom varies to reflect the ages of children, the children’s interests, and the teacher’s style, a basic philosophy remains constant throughout our program. At St. Stephen’s, we aspire to meet and exceed the developmental needs of all children in our care. Every effort is made to ensure that each child has the opportunity to develop to their full potential in every developmental domain. We utilize scaffolding and differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all learning styles and varied developmental levels. We also utilize a variety of playbased curricula and child guided approaches to create a learning environment that is engaging, stimulating, and fun. At St. Stephen’s we are committed to setting children up for success and a love of learning.
Thank you for your interest in St. Stephen’s UMC Preschool. We look forward to experiencing much fun, laughter, and learning with you and your children.
Veronica Mayes, M.Ed., Director