Customize your Family’s Sunday Morning Worship
St. Stephen’s offers many ways for families to worship and fellowship on Sunday mornings.
9:00 a.m. Contemporary Service offers a faster-paced worship experience including today’s Christian music led by our very own Source Band. Children are welcome to worship alongside their families or children 4 years old-Kindergarten can attend Faith Builders. Children wishing to attend Faith Builders will be escorted by a volunteer at the conclusion of Children’s Moment. Parents may pick up their child after the service in Room C44.
10:00 a.m. Sunday School is open to all. Children will check in at the kiosk at the Preschool entrance and be then escorted to their classroom by a parent. Children can be picked up at 10:50 a.m. Parents are encouraged to also attend a Sunday School class. Don’t know where to begin? Try Christian Parenting in Room C41. The class covers the same topic your child is studying.
11:00 a.m. Traditional Service offers a completely traditional worship experience with your favorite hymns from the United Methodist Hymnal. Children are welcome to worship alongside their families or children may attend Godly Play (4 years old – 2nd grades). Children wishing to attend Godly Play will be escorted to these programs at the conclusion of Children’s Moment by a volunteer. Children may be picked up at the end of the service in C43.
Nursery is available for children age 0-3 years. Our caring, experienced staff will share the love of God with your child while you worship. Our Nursery is located in Room C46.
Family Break Room, located around the corner (to your right when exiting the sanctuary), is designed to allow parents to rock or play with their child while watching and listening to the service through a window. It’s a bit tricky to find. Please ask an usher or greeter – they like to help.
Family and Children’s Ministry Events
The mission of the Children’s Ministry at St. Stephen’s United Methodist Church in Burke, Va., is to build
a solid Christian foundation by loving, teaching and nurturing children in our community
so that we ignite a lifelong passion for living a Christian life.
Monthly service opportunities for children:
MPK (Mission Possible Kids) for ages 3rd-6th Grade and SHINE for 1st and 2nd Graders.
Both meet on the Second Friday of each month from 6-8pm beginning Sept. 9.
- Sunday School for everyone-10:00am
- Church Services 9:00am and 11:00am
- Nursery available for children under 3 years 9:00am-12:00pm
- Faith Builders (4 years-Kdg) available 9:00 a.m.
- Godly Play (4 years-2nd Grade) available 11:00am
- MPK/SHINE– March 8th, 6-8PM
- Cherub Choir– Sings on March 10th at the 11:00 a.m. service
- Christ’s Choir– Sings on March 17th at the 11:00 a.m. service
- Palm Sunday– Parade March 24th at the 11:00 a.m. service
- Easter Eggstravaganza (bring your Easter basket)- March 30th, 2-4PM
- MPK/SHINE– April 12th, 6-8PM
- Courage Quest– April 20th, 10AM-4PM (registration required)