St. Stephen’s preschool offers a safe, caring environment for children often during their first experience away from their family. Our program, founded more than 45 years ago, offers:
- Sessions for children 1.5 to 5 years of age from September through May, plus a 2-week camp in June
- 2, 3, and 5 day options from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm or 10:00 am-2:00 pm
- Various after school enrichment programs, which include but are not limited to soccer, drama, & foreign languages, and are offered on a rotating basis
- A well-balanced social and academic foundation that prepares children for success in elementary school and beyond
- Two lead teachers in classes provide a better skills-based curriculum in literacy, math and science
- A low student-to-teacher ratio that greatly benefits the structured play centers in every large classroom
- Resource specialists to help students with motor, social and speech and language skills
- Speech and Language screening
- Daily Music & Movement classes to improve gross motor abilities and promote good fitness
- A monthly chapel experience with creative story telling and music, featuring the children’s artwork
- A wooded campus with nature trails, three age-level playgrounds and grassed ball field
Preschool registration for 2016-2017 is now open! Contact us today to enroll your child. You can download the brochure or learn more about our programs:
We currently have openings for our 4 year old class on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Please call the preschool office for current information.
Preschool Director: Veronica Mayes M.Ed.
Administrative Assistant: Leslie McAndrew
For 45 years, St. Stephen’s has endeavored to meet the needs of families in the community. Our program for children 1 1/2 through 5 years of age is designed to offer the first safe, caring foundation away from home. Additionally, we provide excellent academic preparation for children as they enter public or private elementary schools. As a leader in Early Childhood Education, we scaffold instruction to guide our children through all the appropriate skill sequences for each age grouping. Our classes present a well planned, creative progression of exciting subject themes. A child beginning with 1 1/2 year old play may grow through three or four differing years of cognitive, speech/language, fine/gross motor skills, social/emotional, and spiritual development. Fairfax County elementary school teachers have “raved” about the preparation of our “graduates” because they have a well balanced social and academic foundation. We strive to keep activities at all levels very fun, challenging and successful. Thank you for your interest in St. Stephen’s Preschool. We look forward to having you as one of our families.
Veronica Mayes, Director