Passionate Worship @ St. Stephen’s
St. Stephen’s UMC offers three distinct worship services every Sunday morning.
8:30 am: Traditional Worship
9:45 am: Contemporary Worship
11:00 am: Classic Worship
6:30 pm: Evening Chapel
At every service, friendly people at our main entrance will greet you and help you find your way. Our traditional service draws from the hymnal, often includes creeds and more structured prayers, and features the talents of several of our choirs and handbells. Our contemporary worship experience, with casual dress and inspiring music, is led by The Source Band. The classic service features our chancel choir, orchestra, and children’s choirs and borrows elements from both ancient and modern expressions of worship. Evening Chapel is a 30-minute service that includes weekly communion, music offered by the Youth Band, and is open to both youth and adults. All services have a variety of dress from casual to traditional Sunday garb.
Coffee and light refreshments are available every Sunday morning in the Welcome Center, immediately to the right of the Sanctuary as you enter.
Communion is offered on the first Sunday of each month, and at other special services through the year.
- Infants and Toddlers Nursery (Room C46): We provide loving care for babies and toddlers during all regularly scheduled Sunday worship services and Sunday School. When you arrive, please sign your child in and leave a cell phone number so we may text you in the event that your child needs you. When you come to pick up your child, please sign them out.
- At St. Stephen’s, young children are always welcome in worship. Parents can either use the nursery or bring children to church, as they feel most comfortable. It doesn’t take long to discover that children are a lively part of our congregation & our community and this is reflected in our worship services.
- We are a “family friendly” church! We believe that children have much to offer in worship and in service. For parents who are concerned that their children might disrupt worship, we have a “cry room” located just to the left of the Sanctuary where you can worship with your children while viewing the service through a one-way glass window that overlooks the Sanctuary. The “cry room” also has toys for small children and is close to restrooms and water fountains.
- 9:45 am Sunday School for kids from preschool – 6th grade
- 11:00 am Children’s Time in worship, followed by Godly Play
- 9:45 am Sunday School for Junior and Senior High youth
5:30 pm Youth Fellowship every Sunday evening
- We recognize the special needs of our youth as they move into adulthood. Youth frequently participate in all activities in worship. The focus of our youth program is to assist young people in discovering their role as part of the community of faith.
- Classes meet at 9:45 each Sunday.
- Small groups meet throughout the week