Register For Our New Email List Today
We’re re-building our e-mail list!
Why, you ask? Well, it’s a good thing to do from time to time. In order to stay out of SPAM folders, and to comply with the law, we have to send our emails through services like ConstantContact or MailChimp, that handle our bulk emails in specific ways. Over time, email lists get clogged up with out-of-date addresses, incorrect information, and unresponsive subscribers, all of which we end up paying for. Of our over 1,000 subscribers, only 45% are active, while 65% remain on our list but never open our emails. We pay for them even when they’re inactive.
To improve our communications capabilities, we are phasing out our MailChimp account and building a brand-new mailing list on a new service. ConvertKit will give us capabilities for growing our outreach and more effectively connecting with our members. But in order to receive our church’s emails after Easter, you’ll have to subscribe using the form above.
This service is being provided at no cost by The Lakelands Institute, our church’s communications contractor. You might see this name on your confirmation email, but don’t worry: the Lakelands Institute will never, ever sell your information or send you materials not associated directly with St. Stephen’s.
Between now and Easter, we’ll be sending out our emails the same way we have in the past, but after Easter, if you’re not signed up, you probably will miss out on all of the good information we send from St. Stephens. You can sign up at any time, but please go ahead and register in the new system as soon as you can.
Holy Week and Easter Services
- Palm Sunday Service: Sunday, April 2 at 9:00AM and 11:00AM including our Palm Sunday cantata by members of our Music Ministry.
- Maundy Thursday Service: Thursday, April 6 at 7:30PM. A service of Holy Communion where we remember and participate in Jesus’ last supper with the disciples. Service will be held in the Welcome Center.
- Good Friday Service: Friday, April 7 at 7:30PM. A Tenebrae Service where we reflect on the coming darkness of Jesus’ death. Service will be held at the sanctuary.
- Easter Eggstravaganza: Saturday, April 8 from 2:00-4:00PM. Creative events for children and their families along with an egg hunt at the end of the day.
- Easter Sunrise Service: Sunday, April 9 we will gather in the Chapel in the Glenn at 6:30AM. This is located outside the building near the back of our property. If the weather is not suitable, we will gather in the Fellowship Hall.
- Easter Sunday Services: Sunday, April 9 join us for our 9:00AM service (contemporary music) or 11:00AM service (traditional music) to celebrate the resurrection! Sunday School for all ages at 10:00AM and nursery for ages 0-2 available from 9:00AM-Noon.
Summer Camp Registration is Open!
Our camps for summer 2023 include:
- J3 Mini VBS – This camp will be June 19-21 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. each day and is designed for children age 4-years through rising 1st graders.
At J3, children will discover the path to JOY with Joseph, Jonah and Jesus. Come find out what the secret is!
- Hero Hotline VBS – This camp will be July 17-21 from 1:00-4:00 p.m. each day for rising 1st graders – 6th graders.
Children will discover how all can follow the examples of Bible heroes in stories from the Old and New Testaments who work together to bring peace, build each other up and share the great story of God’s love for us with the whole world.
Click 2023 Summer Camp Registration to register your children today!
Trunk or Treat a Smashing Success!
Our first Trunk or Treat took place on Saturday, October 22, and it was a great time for all and a huge outreach to our community! Take a look at a few photos of this event (credit: Joe Willmore):
Donate to Youth Mission Trips
This year, our high school youth missions team is going to be serving in Kentucky with the Appalachian Service Project (ASP) where they will work on projects to repair people’s homes and help improve their lives.
Our middle schoolers will be serving in West Virginia with the Jeremiah Project (JP), learning new skills to help others.
Each volunteer has a goal of raising $500 for their trip. Please click on the giving button to support.
Your support of the youth and the missions’ trips not only impacts our youth but also their friends, family members, and those they interact with during these weeks. We have partnered with ASP for over 20 years and JP for over 5 years. They both do wonderful missions work year-round and we are glad to be a part of it. We are most grateful for your support!
Thank you for your gift to the Youth Summer Mission Trip 2022. We sincerely appreciate your partnering with us in our mission to help youth have a deeper understanding of, and commitment to, the Christian faith, as well as give us the opportunity to develop the confidence and ability to make a lasting and positive impact in the world.
Learn more about ASP here: https://asphome.org/
And to learn more about JP go here: http://jeremiahproject.org/about-us/our-ministries